Some things to check out and check into before your weekend planner gets too full of your chicken scratch. Ditch it. We’re your planner. And, we’ve got great handwriting, if we don’t say so, ourselves.
- What’s better than a back-to-back interview session with the one and only Andre Williams and local Jonathan Burks on WMSE’s Zero Hour? A back-to-back performance at the Cactus Club tonight, that’s what.
- You know them for their great books and as the home of WMSE’s Alternating Currents Live series; with your Grade A effort, you can also know Woodland Pattern for their excellent and Saturday-slated 3rd Annual Music Marathon & Benefit.
- The WMSE Boogie Bang with WMSE DJs Barry Johnson and Craig McNeal goes on broadcast location this Saturday as the Boogie Bang Boys (BBB) hang out at Milwaukee’s GarveyFest from 12 p.m. – 3p.m.
- “Spectacle, vaudevillian comedy, live music, cowboy poetry, campfire songs, puppetry and the smell of frying bacon”. What else, but The Hinterlands’ Manifest Destiny? Well, it could’ve also been your last family camping trip, but we know cowboys are real scarce ’round these parts.
- Who doesn’t like Eau Claire, Wisconsin these days (well, maybe those who can’t pronounce it)? Ever since Bon Iver turned the northwoods into a musical hotbed, his hometown homies have been getting more special attention. EC’s Kalispell follows suit with another shade of Wisconsin folk. Catch them live at Club Garibaldi’s this Sunday and then the band visits the WMSE studios for an live, on-air performance on Monday at 2 p.m.
- Irish Fest!! Throughout the week, WMSE’s been a wee bit more worldly with live in-studio performances and interviews from the Screaming Orphans, Goitse and more. Bask in the sounds of fiddles, flutes and the Bodhran, all weekend long.